IIT JAM is one of the top rated exams in India to get into the IITs, NITs & IISc for M.Sc. (Two-Year), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, M.Sc.-M.S. (Research)/Ph.D. Dual Degree M.Sc.‐M.Tech. Dual Degree and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree Programmes. JAM score also used by other technical institutions like NITs, SLIET, IIEST, and IISERs for admission to their postgraduate programs.
Official notification for IIT JAM 2022 (Academic Session 2022‐23) is out now. Here are the complete details:
STRUCTURE AND MODE: Computer Based Test (CBT) in ONLINE. A candidate can also choose to appear in one test paper or two test papers option, for two test paper candidate need to pay the additional fee.
PATTERN OF QUESTIONS: MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions), MSQ (Multiple Select Questions), NAT (Numerical Answer Type)
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: For Admission In the qualifying degree, the aggregate marks should be at least 55% for General/OBC (NCL)/EWS category candidates and 50% or 5.0 out of 10 for SC/ST and PwD category candidates
IMPORTANT DATES FOR IIT JAM 2022
- ONLINE Registration and Application: 30th August, 2021
- Closure of ONLINE Application: 11th October, 2021
- JAM Admit Cards: 04th January 2022
- EXAM DATE: 13th February 2022 (Sunday)
- JAM 2022 Results: 22nd March, 2022
IIT JAM 2022 APPLICATION FEE
Female (All Categories) & SC/ ST/ PwD: One Paper: Rs.750/-, Two Paper: Rs.1050/-
All Others: One Paper: Rs.1500/-, Two Paper: Rs.2100/-
Subject-wise syllabus of JAM 2022. You can check the detailed syllabus on IIT Roorkee official website.
• Real Analysis:
1. Sequences and Series of Real Numbers: Cauchy sequences, Convergence of sequences, bounded and monotone sequences, Bolzano-Weierstrass theorem, absolute convergence, tests of convergence for series – comparison test, ratio test, root test; Power series, radius and interval of convergence, term-wise differentiation and integration of power series.
2. Functions of One Real Variable: limit, continuity, intermediate value property, differentiation, Rolle’s Theorem, mean value theorem, L'Hospital rule, Taylor's theorem, Taylor’s series, maxima and minima, Riemann integration (definite integrals and their properties), fundamental theorem of calculus.
• Multivariable Calculus and Differential Equations:
1. Functions of Two or Three Real Variables: Limit continuity, partial derivatives, total derivative, maxima and minima.
2. Integral Calculus: double and triple integrals, change of order of integration, calculating surface areas and volumes using double integrals, calculating volumes using triple integrals.
3. Differential Equations: Bernoulli’s equation, exact differential equations, integrating factors, orthogonal trajectories, homogeneous differential equations, method of separation of variables, linear differential equations of second order with constant coefficients, method of variation of parameters, Cauchy-Euler equation.
• Linear Algebra and Algebra:
1. Matrices: systems of linear equations, rank, nullity, rank-nullity theorem, inverse, determinant, eigenvalues, eigenvectors.
2. Finite Dimensional Vector Spaces: linear independence of vectors, basis, dimension, linear transformations, matrix representation, range space, null space, rank-nullity theorem.
3. Groups: cyclic groups, abelian groups, non-abelian groups, permutation groups, normal subgroups, quotient groups, Lagrange's theorem for finite groups, group homomorphisms.
MATHEMATICAL STATISTICS (MS): Test Paper comprises following topics of Statistics (70% weight) and Mathematics (30% weight)
1. Sequences and Series of real numbers
2. Differential Calculus of one and two real variables
3. Integral Calculus
4. Matrices and Determinants
1. Probability: Random Experiments
2. Univariate Distributions
3. Standard Univariate Distributions
4. Multivariate Distributions
5. Standard Multivariate Distributions
6. Limit Theorems
7. Sampling Distributions
9. Methods of Estimation
10. Testing of Hypotheses
GEOLOGY (GG): Mineralogy, Stratigraphy, Palaeontology, Structural Geology, Applied Geology, Economic Geology, Petrology, Geomorphology, The Planet Earth
BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES (BL): General Biology, Cell Biology, Microbiology and Immunology, Basics of Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology
BIOTECHNOLOGY (BT): This paper consists of Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology.
CHEMISTRY (CY): Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry
PHYSICS (PH): Simple Oscillators, Modern physics, Kinetic theory, Thermodynamics, Electricity and Magnetism, Oscillations, Solid state physics, devices, and electronics, Waves, and Optics, Mechanics and General Properties of Matter, Mathematical Methods.
IIT JAM 2022 PREPARATION TIPS
You can start your preparation for IIT JAM 2022 with Self study or by joining test series, study materials, video lecture or online classes for IIT JAM by coaching like DIPS Academy, especially if you are preparing for IIT JAM Mathematics OR Mathematical Statistics 2022.